Incorrect wiring is the cause of the fire at the historic NYC church: officials

A hellfire that demolished exceptionally old church in the East Village a week ago was started by defective electrical wiring in the empty structure nearby, fire authorities said Friday.

The fire broke out not long before 5 a.m. Saturday on the main floor of a vacant five-story working at 48 E. seventh St. furthermore, immediately spread to the Middle Collegiate Church on Second Avenue, as indicated by the FDNY.

“The fire has been considered non-dubious,” a FDNY representative said.

Approximately 200 firemen went through almost eight hours putting out the blast — however not before it gutted the congregation, which houses the New York Liberty Bell.

The top of the Gothic Revival-style church was completely overwhelmed an hour after the hellfire began.

Civic chairman Bill de Blasio has promised to “do whatever we can to assist Middle Collegiate with remaking.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.